Sunday, May 6, 2007

Wedding is over and soon the couple will be heading West.





Yesterday was a hectic day for all involved with the wedding but as they day unfolded the wedding was lovely and the wedding was very nice. We started off with the promise of sunshine by the weather man, but the skies didn't seem to coincide with the predictions and it was very gray and overcast most of the morning. Even as we headed for Lake Bloomington the sun would only occasionally pop out for the briefest of time. About 1pm the clouds lifted and the sun came out and stayed out until about 6:30pm and by then all that was left was the clean up.

My wife wanted to enjoy the wedding and decided to leave all the cameras at home. Plenty of other people were bring cameras so no picture opportunity was missed, except by me. We had the outside wedding facing the lake with boats and skiers in the background. Our almost three year old granddaughter was one of the flower girls and as the ceremony moved along after the "who gives this woman" she decided to cross in front of everyone nearly stepping on the brides dress to get to her daddy who was one of the grooms attendants. Then while being held she begin to sing the lyrics "the wheel of the bus goes round and round". Since I had a front row seat I got to hear everything, I think those in the back missed the serenade.

This was a time when I was watching two young people that I know very well get married. My youngest son of 25 who has lived in California for most of the last five years and my new daughter-in-law that has lived with the wife and I for the last two years. I felt like I was watching my daughter get married as well as my son. Jessica and Peter have dated for six and one-half years and the most of the last five years has been long distance.

I am including a few pictures from the rehearsal dinner. Of course, had to include just a few pictures of the birds out back.







No comments: