Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hummers, Black Caps and the Wet Look

Monday afternoon the Hummingbirds came a visiting our back yard. We now refer to them as the Hummers. Most of this week we have been entertained by their antics. One will come to the feeder and then fly off high into the tree, then the second Hummer will come to the feeder only to have the first one dive down and try to chase the second one away. This happened frequently this week.

Here is one of the pictures, hard to catch them sitting still.



This Black Capped Chickadee made a visit to our sunflower seed feeder and you can see the seed in its beak.



Out back at the bird bath a Robin looks kind of sporty with his wet head look. Seems like back in the 50-60tys some of the guys had haircuts like this.




After the fund of chasing around the back yard it was time for the Hummers to drink the sugared water for more energy. This time they parked a little longer for the picture taking session.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures Dan. I still have three or four hummingbirds in the yard yet but I know they will be leaving soon. I must admit I envy your camera shot. I don't have that good a camera but I get what I can. I hope the dog will be ok.