Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

It is Labor Day Weekend and I am sitting at the computer posting to this blog. I got up around 7:30am, rather late this morning for an old person. My dad would have said it was very late as he was usually up at 5:00am. I never quite understood why he got up so early with nothing to do but watch TV or putter around his house and yard. Any way the humming birds were out an about flying back and forth from the front to the back feeder. August is the time that the migrate South for the Winter and I have been fortunate enough to have at least three that have stayed with around here this last week. They are so interesting to watch.

The other birds are finally arriving for breakfast. I have spotted 2 grackles, 2 blue jays, several sparrows, a robin a couple of squirrels and out behind the fence the groundhog was making his way back to his burrow under the garage. As I was writing our rabbit ventured in looking for food.

Our dog Ninja has Congestive Heart Failure and last week was in A-Fib. We tried to treat her with medication as prescribed by the vet, did you know that they actually use some of the same meds that people use. Anyway, she had what was considered a low dose and her heart rate dropped like it should, but it went down to 80 beats a minute which would have been fine if she were sedated. I guess the normal rate for a dog is closer to 120 beats a minute. Today I will post a couple of pictures of Ninja so that my sons and their families in Georgia and California can see her.






My newest daughter-in-law told me before she left for California that I should take Ninja for car rides to keep Ninja happy. Well, yesterday Ninja and I went out west of Bloomington-Normal. Took my camera with and stopped along side of the road took a few pictures.

This picture was taken through the sunroof on my Dodge. I thought it was a "corn fed" dove, in any case it seemed to be watching over the corn and bean fields.



My wife has been using some of my pictures to create birthday and anniversary cards. Since a lot of the pictures are birds and butterflys she doesn't think they do well on cards for men and boys. So I found a field with 4 horses and took a couple of pictures of the horses. The horses were not too cooperative has they gave me more hindsight than picture views.


No comments: