Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Bald Eagle

Most of us have to work, some of us older ones wish we didn't have to work, but sometimes being at work provides delight. Like today, I was about brain dead when I looked out the window which faces north. What appeared to be a long distance away was a bird, in fact it appeared to be a rather large bird considering the distance. As this bird struggled against the wind in its southward flight I could see that it was indeed a large bird. Then it would catch a draft and soar upward in a circle. I was expecting to see a Turkey Vulture as we have many of these in the area. As it continued to approach my view point I was excited to see this magnificent bird with a white neck ring and the flayed feathers. What a beautiful sight to see a Bald Eagle from my work window! The camera was at home, but I am sure I wouldn't have gotten a clear picture as the Eagle soon passed the viewing sight and only the memory survives.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! what a great memory.