Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Saturday was a good day to relax and shoot birds

Later that day the wife decided a ride in the country would do her good, so off we went to Evergreen Lake and Lake Bloomington. A lot of birds and a few animals spotted , but the camera and camera man was too slow to get the good pictures hoped for. A trio of deer posed quietly for me, no fear of being shot in the Spring, especially a klutz with a camera! Then Gull Island was populated with tired gulls resting. In another part of the lake the gulls were zipping everywhere. Between the two lakes we spotted at least 8 blue herons and 2 hawks and a first for me a Golden Crowned Kinglet. I couldn't get the Kinglet to stay still long enough to focus my camera. Here are the posing deer and gulls.









Not being one to sit around the house all day, I took off over to the White Oak Pond to see what kind of ducks were present. I found a Killdeer walking the banks. Then a Canadian walking on shore. In the choppy water was a ringed beak gull along with a pair of mallards and a yet unidentified duck?









I have a few starlings and grackles I would love to shoot with a real gun, but today was more a shoot with the camera day. Out in the back yard were a couple of birds and and a hungry squirrel. The bungee cord feeder makes it fun to watch the squirrels work for their treats! The red colored bird is a finch, and the other bird is a a young Junco up close.




No comments: