Saturday, January 13, 2007

Beginning of a Long Week End



I have been reviewing all of the pictures on our computer and ran across a few that I would like to share. One of these was my faithful Blue Healer Molly that walked many of miles with me and seemed to know when I should rest as she would just plop down in the grass. Molly loved to find squirrels, she loved to chase them, but as we walked upon the Wesleyan Campus she would go to each tree and sniff, if a squirrel was in the tree she didn't want to leave until I acknowledged that she was right. Seldom did I find her wrong, often I doubted her but then after staring into the tree I saw the rascal. Molly developed cancer and was in complete misery when we finally had her put to sleep. Tears came to my eyes as I looked at the pictures we took after she had numerous spots shaved all over her body to let us try and treat the drainage, I will not share these.

These pictures are taken at the sight of her birth with her godmother Gaye. It was Gaye and Randy's dog Big Blue and a female from Gridley that Gaye had bred in the shed. The other dog is Gaye's new blue healer. Molly is the more colorful dog with brown patches and is on your right hand side as you view the photos.



No comments: