Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Winter in Illinois

Winter scenes from this morning. Ducks on the Pond, well they call it a lake but it is not a big lake. Not much water for swimming and no shelter from the cold and snow.




The Normal Back Yard was active this morning. Our two Downey Woodpeckers had visited, four Gold Finches and couple of Dark Eyed Juncos and a pretty female Northern Cardinal. Squirrels were feasting on the corn and the snow was falling quickly.

One of the Central Illinois Bird Watchers spotted an Eagle flying over Normal yesterday, my ability to identify birds is extremely limited so even if I did see one I probably wouldn't post it unless I was absolutely sure. Predator birds are making their way in town as I have confirmed as other bird feeders have reported to those at Wild Bird Unlimited.





2 comments:

MrsDoF said...

Ah, lovely pictures.
I had most of the day indoors, with large crowds of students.
Coming here is just what I needed.

Webs said...

Beautiful pictures. I think I need to slow down this winter and see if I can snap some with my new camera