Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Heat Wave hits Normal











Wow, all of the country has been getting hit by bad weather and we have had very pleasant days. Our backyard had quite a bit of activity this weekend and I was able to take a few pictures. Along with the squirrels we had starlings, house sparrows and a few new birds to our yard including Golden Crowned Kinglets, Chipping Sparrows and even a Brown Headed Cowbird. Only one bird could I not determine its character.

Yes, it was a lazy day here in the neighborhood and our pesky squirrel decided sit on the park bench for a spell and sun himself.

3 comments:

MrsDoF said...

Hello! I came looking this morning and saw all these wonderful pictures, so I sent a Link to my Dear Ones List of e-mails.

Some replies came fast
"Beautiful...thanks for sharing"
"Love the animals. Thank you for the link!"
"I enjoyed seeing all these photos. Thanks!"

Wonderful photos, especially the red cardinal and the blue heron.
And the squirrel....can never have enough squirrels.
Thank You for a fine post!

Anonymous said...

I am one of Mrs. Dof's Dear Ones and I am so glad she sent me to look at your beautiful photos. Although I love the mourning doves and hummingbirds that surround me all year long, I miss the birds of the central area of the U.S.

Thanks to Diane for sending me to see your photos and thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

I'm another Dear One from Michigan and enjoy many of the birds you have. Love your photos. Thanks for posting them.