Friday, April 27, 2007

Noon Today and a few new creatures

This noon we had a few returning birds and and a couple new spring visitors. Here are a couple more pictures of the White-Throated Sparrows. Today we finally identified their call with the help of Yardbirds software. Clearly a distinct call.




This Yellow-Shafted Flicker ventured into the yard today, my wife at first thought it to be a dove and I thought it might be the Thrasher, but seeing the bib I knew it was a Norther Flicker, last year I asked for help to identify the same kind of bird and everyone knew immediately, now you know why I am an ammature bird watcher.



Brightly colored Gold Finches once again arrived this noon.



I think this is "Ma" and "Pa" Gold Finch and it kind of looks like they are watching to see if the other is staying or ready to leave



This is the Thrasher that returned from yesterday.



Here is a pair of House Finches, the female is rather dull but the male has nice red coloring.




And finally "Ma" and "Pa" Cardinal feeding at opposite sides of the feeder.
The left side is female and the right side is male.

No comments: