Friday, November 17, 2006

Day Two and 1/2

Thanks to everyone from the Central Illinois Birding Forum for identifying my Northern Flicker! I have added several pictures of birds mostly taken from our backyard. As you can see I am not too good at identifying and only learning to use the camera, but loving it.

The fox and its cubs left shortly after I got pictures and haven't seen them since, maybe next spring they will come back. The greased pole only worked for a while, but it did provide entertainment as the slow learners would climb half way up and stop only to slide back to the ground. This summer we had corn stalks growing everywhere, wife loved it as she then had decorations for fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,

Your mystery bird is a male Northern flicker. See this site for info and pics:
http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/framlst/i4120id.html

Happy Birding,
Kim

Dan said...

Kim,

Thanks for the web site! I will try it out.