Friday, November 17, 2006

Day Two


I have posted a new picture of what I now know to be a Northern Flicker. This was a difficult for me but those who know Birding had an easy time identifying. None of the pictures I found on the web looked anything like this beautiful bird, but of course I was looking for a Thrush like bird and not a Woodpecker. Thanks to all The CIBF members for pointing out my error. Since the bird bath is about 35 feet from where I sit in the family room my old eyes do not always see as well as the optical zoom of my camera, and the memory of a digital pictures certainly is better than my memory. I have heard that it isn't memory failure but rather that the old hard drive (brain) has stored so much over the years that it just takes a lot longer to locate.

Below is another example of aiming the camera and finding a surprise when viewing the picture on my computer. We were at Comlara Park northwest of Hudson Illinois this summer and I was trying to get a picture of a Great Egret near a log. I saw the bump on the log but did not realize at the time that the bump was actually a large turtle!

Thanks to my friend George I now realize that I need to resize my photos so that the Blog mechanics can import my pictures. Thanks George!

1 comment:

mizzzthanggg said...

wonderful photos! i find it so hard to photograph birds 'cos they're just never still! u must be very quick. thank u for such an enjoyable blog ;)